Brian is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and is currently the Immediate Past President of the American Bankruptcy Institute and also sits on its Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Some of his recent experience includes:
- Represented a former CFO and CEO of marchFirst in its bankruptcy case
- Represented debtors Perpetua-Burr Oak Holdings of Illinois, LLC, Republic Windows & Doors, LLC, and Pasquinelli Homebuilding, LLC in their respective bankruptcy cases
- Represented the former CEO of MIG, Inc. (Metro media International Group)
- Represented Casa de Cambia Majapara and its Mexican trustee in its Chapter 11 and 15 proceedings
- Represented creditor / management constituency in Indianapolis Downs bankruptcy case
- Represented RMW Acquisition Group LLC in the Shelbourne North Water Street L.P. (Chicago Spire) foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented the Ad-Hoc committee of First Lien Bank lenders and the Caesars Entertainment Operating Company bankruptcy cases.
- Represented the Korean receiver of Ace Track Co. in its Chapter 15 proceeding
A frequent author of bankruptcy related articles in various publications, Brian also served as a Contributing Editor for the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal. Brian also speaks regularly at national and regional conferences on a variety of bankruptcy topics.
Previously, Brian served as the President and the Vice President of Membership of the American Bankruptcy Institute, as the Co-Chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Chicago Conference, and as the Co-Chair of its Inaugural Professional Development Program. He is also a past Chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Bankruptcy and Reorganization Section and served a three year term on the University of Illinois College of Law Recent Alumni Advisory Board.
Brian has been given an AV rating by Martindale Hubbell, is listed as an Illinois Super Lawyer by Law & Politics publishers and has been selected a Leading Lawyer.